George Mason Faculty in the Community
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in October as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- Oct. 5—Karen Bune, Administration of Justice, “Drinking and Driving: A Dangerous Combination” for Homestretch, Inc.
- Oct. 6—Frieda Butler, College of Nursing and Health Science, “Education in End of Life Care” for Lee Senior Center
- Oct. 18—Adam Winsler, Psychology, “ABCs of ADHD: Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder for Parents and Teachers” for Potomac Association of Cooperative Teachers
- Oct. 19—Peter Stearns, Provost, “Are Americans Running Amuck? Perspectives on Self-Control in Current Society” for The Optimist Club of Alexandria
- Oct. 20—Randy Gabel, Mathematics, “The Discovery Process in Mathematics” for Robinson Secondary School
- Oct. 22—Connie Kirkland, Sexual Assault Services, “Violence Against Women” for Gum Springs Headstart Program
- Oct. 24—Martin Cohen, History and Art History, “American History and Film” for OASIS
- Oct. 26—Don Boileau, Communication, “Classroom Communication” for Merritt Academy