George Mason Employees Urged to Get New G-Card

Posted: June 30, 2003 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

The Photo ID Office invites George Mason employees to visit the lower level of SUB II to obtain a new “G-number” photo ID card in exchange for their old card that displays a social security number. Those who do not currently have a card must bring a driver’s license, passport, or military identification.

Peter Mohle, director of the all-university card, suggests not coming on July 8, 11, 15, and 30 when student orientations are in session.

Summer faculty will be able to obtain a photo ID once the Summer Term Office has uploaded each session into Banner. Confirmation of uploads should be made with department administrators prior to visiting the Photo ID Office.

Library privileges can be transferred from a temporary card to the ID card by taking both to the circulation desk. Aquatic and Fitness Center members should register their new card at the front desk on their next visit to the center.

Building or room access must also be transferred from a temporary card to the new card. E-mail the appropriate contact with your old card number, the new G number, the building, and your name. Contact the following people for assistance:

Write to at