This Month in the Community…
Posted: June 29, 2001 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are faculty, staff members, and alumni who made presentations to community groups in June as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x38846.
- June 8– Susan Tomasovic, Communication, presented “Public Speaking and Performance” for Wells and Associates, LLC.
- June 10– D.R. Butler, Intercollegiate Athletics, presented “The Importance of Academics for Student Athletes” for the B’nai B’rith Student Athlete Scholarship Breakfast.
- June 12– Gary Powers,Alumnus, presented “U-2 Incident: 40 Years Later” for the Loudoun County Senior Center.
- June 13– Susanne Denham, Psychology, presented “Preschoolers’ Separation Anxiety and Fears” for the St. Louis Mother’s Group.
- June 20– Randy Lytton, History and Art History, presented “Historic Fairfax” for the Learning in Retirement Institute.
- June 20– Sheryl Friedley, Communication, presented “Nonverbal Communication” for Grace Presbyterian Church.