This Month in the Community…
Posted: May 31, 2001 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are faculty and staff members who made presentations to community groups in May as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x38846.
- May 1– Rich Rubenstein, Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, presented “Conflict and Conflict Resolution in the 21st Century” for the Fairfax Lions Club.
- May 8– Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Aging, Nutrition, and Exercise” for the National Association for Retired Federal Employees.
- May 9– Connie Kirkland,Sexual Assault Services, presented “Stalking and Its Victims” for Homestretch, a transitional housing program.
- May 9– Jim Burroughs, John Sacco, and Dareen Hackler, Public and International Affairs, presented “The Changing Nature of Public Service” and “The Reinvention Revolution” for the Fairfax County Department of Finance.
- May 17– Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Aging, Nutrition, and Exercise” for the Technical Women’s Organization at the Federal Aviation Administration.
- May 24– Janette Muir, New Century College, presented “Persuasion and Political Advertising” for the Virginian, a retirement community.