Last Week to Make Outstanding Supervisor Nominations
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Friday, Aug. 31, is the deadline for submitting nominations for the fall 2007 Outstanding Supervisor Award.
Any staff member may nominate their supervisor by completing a nomination form and submitting a letter of support that describes how the supervisor meets the award criteria.
Award criteria include
- creating a pleasant and productive work environment
- being open to suggestions and ideas
- recognizing and rewarding employee performance
- being fair and flexible
- encouraging professional growth of employees
- acting as an advocate for his or her staff
- providing a clear vision for the department
- and involving the staff in the goals of the department
The award presentation will be held during the Outstanding Achievement Award Ceremony on Oct. 11.
More information and nomination forms are available at the Staff Senate web site. Call Sarah Knapp, Staff Senate administrative assistant, at 703-993-4141 with any questions.