BOV Approves Summer Tuition, Business Plans for New Construction
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
At its meeting this week, the Board of Visitors (BOV) approved new summer tuition rates for 2007-08 and approved business plans for faculty/staff housing and a hotel/conference center on university property in Fairfax.
The BOV also approved merging the Departments of Computer Science and Information and Software Engineering under the name Computer Science in the Volgenau School of Information Technology and Engineering. The change was recommended to strengthen the department, improve and diversify the curriculum and foster interdisciplinary research within and outside the department.
Finally, the board approved a name change for the MA in Telecommunications in the School of Public Policy. The degree will now be called MA in Telecommunications Policy.
Summer tuition rates will change as follows:
- In-state undergraduate: increase by $18 per credit hour, a 6.74 percent increase
- In-state graduate: increase by $29.50 per credit hour, a 9.59 percent increase (some particular graduate programs have higher tuition rates)
- Out-of-state undergraduate: increase by $49 per credit hour, a 6.34 percent increase
- Out-of-state graduate: increase by $72 per credit hour, a 9.31 percent increase (some particular graduate programs have higher tuition rates)
- Law, in-state: increase by $51.50 per credit hour, a 9.44 percent increase
- Law, out-of-state: increase by $72.50 per credit hour, a 7.66 percent increase