Mason to Hold Passport Fair at Fairfax Campus
Posted: February 8, 2007 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
University Services has arranged for the U.S. Postal Service to send representatives to the Fairfax Campus for one day to process passport applications. The passport fair will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 13, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Johnson Center, Room 116.
The fair is being held in response to a new law that took effect Jan. 23, 2007, requiring Americans to show passports when returning from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and other places. The service is available to all, including family, friends and members of the community.
Passport fees are:
- Age 16 and older: $67 for the application fee and $30 for the execution fee, for a total of $97
- Under 16: $52 for the application fee and $30 for the execution fee, for a total of $82
- Photo fee for 2 photos: $15
Documents needed are:
- Passport application (available at the fair); must be an original
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, old passport)
- Two identical color passport photos (can be provided at the fair for
Children under age 14 must have consent from both parents.
Payment methods: Checks, money orders or cash only. Two checks or money orders, one for the application fee and one for the execution fee, are required.
Call University Services at 703-993-2840 to request an application form prior to the fair.