Coach Larranaga to Give Keynote Speech on Enrichment Day
Posted: September 21, 2006 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Registration for Faculty and Staff Enrichment Day, “Networking: Communication, Exchanging Ideas and Enriching your Life,” sponsored by Human Resources and Payroll, is now open. The free event on Friday, Oct. 27, will feature men’s basketball head Coach Jim Larranaga as the keynote speaker on “George Mason Basketball Philosophy and Formula for Success.”
Although room assignments are not finalized, the sessions schedule has been set. The day will start off with breakfast from 8 to 9 a.m. Larranaga will speak from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.; an information fair will go on during the day until 2 p.m.
Breakout sessions begin at 10:30 a.m., followed by lunch with Sally Merten, President Alan Merten’s wife, from 11:30 to 1 p.m. She’ll talk about “The Value of Networking.”
Afternoon sessions, a repeat from the morning, begin at 1:30 p.m., followed by an afternoon snack at 2:30 p.m. Mason faculty members Star and Janette Muir will provide an “Endnote” to the day, and door prizes with emcee Nancy Murphy, administrative assistant in University Life will wrap up the day from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
Sessions currently scheduled for both morning and afternoon sessions are:
- Give Me Strength: Flexband Session with Marsha Abeson
- Emerging Technologies – Hip or Hype? with Rick Reo, faculty support specialist, Instructional Resource Center
- Coaching: What Is It and Why Bother? with Dan Taggart, employee relations specialist, Human Resources/Payroll; and Julia Morelli, director of operations, Capitol Connection
- Poseidon Adventures – Sailing the Seas of Change with Linda Harber, associate vice president, Human Resources/Payroll
- Effective Networking with Patricia Carretta, associate dean, University Life
- Intercultural Communication with Internationals on Campus with Herbertia Williams, international faculty and employee services director, University Life
- Providing Equal Opportunity, Practicing Affirmative Action, Avoiding Discrimination and Living with Diversity – All in the Course of a Day: WHEW!! with Camille Hazeur, director of Equity and Diversity Services and assistant to the president
- Finding Humor in Stressful Situations with Lori Ann Roth, training and development director, Human Resources/Payroll
To register, click here.