Global Education Offers Eco Tour to Brazil
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Mason’s Center for Global Education will offer “Eco Tour to Brazil,” including Rio de Janeiro, Iguazu Falls and the Amazon rainforest, during spring break 2007 (March 8-18, 2007). This tour is open to students, faculty and the general public.
Also offered to participants is one optional undergraduate credit in anthropology, Latin American studies or geography. Itinerary highlights include
- A stay in Rio de Janeiro and tours of Sugar Loaf and Cocovado Mountains
- A visit to Copacabana Beach
- Views of the world-renowned Iguazu Falls from both the Brazil and Argentina sides
- Hikes through pristine national parks filled with exotic fauna and flora
- A stay in the Amazon jungle, EcoPark Lodge and a visit to an indigenous village
- A chance to learn about current issues in the Amazon and discover its wildlife by night
For more information and to apply, see the web site.
A visit to the breathtaking Iguazu Falls in Brazil is one of the stops on the Eco Tour.