New Parking Permit Rates Announced
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
At the last Staff Senate meeting, Josh Cantor, director of Parking and Transportation, updated the group on new parking developments at the Fairfax Campus.
His announcements included:
- Annual surface parking permit rates will increase from $160 to $180 per year.
- Annual deck parking permit rates will increase from $325 to $345 per year.
- An additional 900 parking spaces will be added on the west campus (across Rt. 123), in a new lot off Braddock Road. A shuttle will run between the main and west campuses. Parking permits for this and other parking on the west campus will cost $50 annually.
- As of this fall, staff members using payroll deduction for parking permits will not have to apply each year for permits; the process will be automatic. Yearly permits may still be purchased with a lump sum payment. More information about this will be distributed in the next few weeks.
- After the results of the transportation survey are tabulated, some new commuter programs, such as vanpooling and carpooling, may be implemented.
- Lot B is scheduled to close permanently at some point in the fall.
For more information, contact Cantor at 703-993-1239 or firstname.lastname@example.org