Patriots, University Ready for Final Four Game
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The George Mason men’s basketball team has an activity-filled day on Wednesday, March 29, in preparation for their game on Saturday, April 1, at 6:05 p.m. at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis, Ind. The no. 11 seeded Patriots will play the no. 3 Florida Gators.
Coach Jim Larranaga, students, faculty and staff will gather for a Final Four Rally in the Johnson Center Atrium on the Fairfax Campus at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Participants can watch Mason beat UConn on the big screen, enjoy Final Four cake and cheer on the Patriots.
The team has an open practice from noon to 1:15 p.m. at the Patriot Center. Then fans have one last chance to rally team members at Mason’s send-off celebration, slated for 2 p.m. on Wednesday at the Patriot Center loading dock.
Other Final Four-related events at George Mason this week include:
- On Wednesday, March 29, tickets (not travel packages) go on sale to Mason alumni, faculty and staff at 12:30 p.m. online at gomason.com. Thursday, March 30, at noon is the deadline for all ticket orders.
- “The Junkies Show” of 106.7 WJFK-FM radio will be broadcasting live from the Johnson Center Atrium from 6 to 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 29.
- “Good Morning America” will do a piece from George Mason for the Friday, March 31, show. A crew will be in the Johnson Center Atrium at 7 a.m.
- The Dance Department is delaying the start time of the Gala Concert on Saturday so as not to interfere with the basketball game. Start time has been moved back to 8:30 p.m.
- Watch parties for Saturday’s game have been organized across the country by Mason alumni. Check the Alumni Association web site for locations.
- For those traveling to Indianapolis for the game, be advised that portions of Lot A on the Fairfax Campus will be closed for the Ringling Bros. circus. If you are planning to leave your car on campus to follow the Patriots to Indy, do not park in the marked areas that will be closing on April 2. The marked parking areas in Lot A and Lot K will be closed from April 2 though April17.