Arlington Campus to Host Joint Mason-Arlington County Legislative Town Hall Meeting
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The third annual Joint George Mason University-Arlington County Advisory Board Legislative Town Hall meeting will be held at the Arlington Campus on Thursday, Jan. 5, 2006, in the Original Building, Room 251, at 7:30 a.m.
Moderated by Scott McGeary, chair of the Advisory Board, the Town Hall meeting will feature a panel of representatives who will present to the Arlington community their respective organization’s legislative agenda for the upcoming 2006 Virginia General Assembly Session.
The panel of participants includes:
- David Foster, chair, Arlington County School Board
- Rich Doud, president, Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Tom Hennessey, chief of staff to the president, George Mason University
- Patrick Smaldore, president, Arlington County Civic Federation
- Arlington County Board Representative (to be determined)
In addition, Virginia Sen. Patsy Ticer (D-30th District) will give a summary of major legislative items due to come before the upcoming General Assembly session.
The event is open to the general public. RSVP by Jan. 3, 2006, to Amanda Harrison at 703-993-8754 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Parking will be provided on the Arlington Campus.