In the Community
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in September as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- Sept. 13—Dan Walsch, Media Relations, “Public Relations” for Burke Rotary Club.
- Sept. 20—Fred Schack, School of Recreation, Health and Tourism, “Alternative Health Care” for Culpepper Garden Senior Center.
- Sept. 22—Colleen Shogan, Public and International Affairs, “George Washington and the Importance of Laudable Character” for the Shepherd’s Center of Oakton-Vienna.
- Sept. 22—Doris Bitler, College of Arts and Sciences, “Total Recall?” for The Aerospace Corporation.
- Sept. 23—Fred Schack, School of Recreation, Health and Tourism, “Exercise, Nutrition and Environmental Effects on Disease and Aging” for Arlington Housing Corporation.
- Sept. 27—Peter Stearns, Provost, “Global Outrage” for AAUW Vienna Area Branch.
- Sept. 30—Robert Rogowsky, School of Public Policy, “Getting to Happy: Seven Practical Steps to a Happier and More Contented Life” for Parents Without Partners.