This Month in the Community…
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in May as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- May 2—Jack Levy,College of Education and Human Development, “Keeping Culture in Mind: Tips for Managers and Clients” for the Master’s of Public Administration class.
- May 6—Thomas Reynolds, College of Visual and Performing Arts, “Center for the Arts Overview” for the Jewish Community Center.
- May 11— Sheryl Friedley, Communication, “Nonverbal Communication” for Arlington County Senior Adult Recreation.
- May 11—Karen Bune, Administration of Justice, “Victimization of the Elderly and Senior Population” for Reston Rotary Club.
- May 11—Barbara Given, Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study, “Brain Research and Learning” for Messiah Methodist Successfully Single Group.
- May 13—Marie Kodadek, College of Nursing and Health Science, “Parenting Issues: Resolving Problems” for MOMS Club of Clifton/Centreville South.
- May 16—Fred Schack, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, “Muscle Pain: How Do You Spell Relief?” for Falls Church Senior Center.
- May 16—Cindy Lont, Communication, “Portrayal of Women in the Media” for Westfield High School.
- May 17—Doris Bitler, College of Arts and Sciences, “Customer Service Issues in Education” for Delta Kappa Gamma Society International, Mu Chapter.
- May 18—Dennis Staszak, Alumnus, “What Do I Do When a Reporter Calls?” for the Fairfax County Government Communicators.
- May 18—Anita Taylor, Communication, “Better Listeners Are Better Communicators” for Messiah Methodist Successfully Single Group.
- May 18—Peter Stearns, Provost, “Are American Parents Too Anxious?” for Reston Rotary Club.
- May 24—Rich Miller, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, “Back Care” for Arlington County Senior Adult Recreation.
- May 26—Marilyn McKenzie, Office of the Provost, “Cultural Diversity” for Fairfax County Community and Recreation Services.
- May 26—Daniele Struppa, College of Arts and Sciences, “Math and Myth” for The Aerospace Corporation.