Mason Hosts More Than Three Million Visitors Each Year
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
According to statistics compiled by George Mason’s Events Management office, the campuses of George Mason University are leading destinations, featuring a wide range of activities for those living in the Northern Virginia region.
More than three million people visited George Mason University last year, with the largest number—nearly one million people or one-third of all total visitors—attending special events on one of the campuses.
Among the leading events categories attracting visitors to the university are:
- Patriot Center events (375,000)
- Events at the Freedom Center (225,668)
- Aquatic Center Events (217,000)
- Concert Hall Events (121,600)
- Special events such as Movies Under the Moon, Fall for the Book, convocations, and Commencement, as well as national speakers (60,000)
Managed conferences, departmental events, and cultural events also attracted hundreds of visitors to the university.
Office of Admissions events, camps, and charity races/walks added another 14,000 visitors to the annual total.
In addition, 18 area high schools held their graduation ceremonies at the Patriot Center last year.