This Month in the Community…
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in March as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- March 3—Martin Cohen, History and Art History, presented “American History and Film” for Next Step at the Hebrew Home of the Aged.
- March 6—Wallace Warfield, Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, presented “Cultural Identities in Conflict and Conflict Resolution” for the Northern Virginia Ethical Society.
- March 8—Star Muir, Division of Instructional and Technology Support Services, presented “Managing Techno-stress” for Friends of Vale Schoolhouse.
- March 9—Betsy Demulder, College of Education and Human Development, presented “Children’s Social and Emotional Development” for Pohick Regional Library.
- March 11—Roger Lathbury, English, presented “Moby Dick” for Oasis.
- March 15—Coilin Owens, English, presented “Old and New Ireland: From English Colony to Celtic Tiger” for the Optimist Club of Alexandria.
- March 31—Cathy Hubbs, Information Technology Unit, presented “Security Awareness” for the Dunbarton Club.