March Comes in Like a Lion for Department of Music
Posted: March 2, 2005 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
March will be a busy month for the Department of Music, with several different events and numerous student recitals scheduled. The month kicks off tonight with a concert by the GMU Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony at 8 p.m. in the Center for the Arts Concert Hall. Tickets are $7 or $5 for students and seniors.
Following are other music events this month. Admission is free unless otherwise noted:
- Monday, March 7, 12:30 p.m., Harris Theatre, guest artist Lise Keiter-Brotzman, piano master class.
- Monday, March 7, 8 p.m., Harris Theatre, guest artist Lise Keiter-Brotzman piano recital. Keiter-Brotzman has performed nationwide and is active as a solo recitalist, collaborative artist, and soloist with orchestra. Keiter-Brotzman is chair of the Music Department at Mary Baldwin College. Her program will include the Sonata in C major, op. 7, by Maria Hester Park; Scherzo, op. 14, by Clara Schumann; and Colour Suite by Madeleine Dring.
- Tuesday, March 8., 8 p.m., Center for the Arts Concert Hall, GMU Symphony Orchestra and Chamber Singers Pops Concert. Tickets are $7 or $5 for students and seniors.
- Wednesday, March 23, 8 p.m., Center for the Arts Concert Hall, GMU Jazz Ensemble. Tickets are $7 or $5 for students and seniors.
- Thursday, March 31, 8 p.m., Harris Theatre, April Fool’s Eve Concert