This Month in the Community…
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in September as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- Jan. 10—Rich Miller, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, presented “Back Care” for the Oakview Garden Club.
- Jan. 11—Marie Kodadek, College of Nursing and Health Science, presented “Parenting Issues: Resolving Problems” for the MOMs Club of Alexandria-South.
- Jan. 11—Gary Powers, alumnus, presented “The Cold War and the U-2 Incident” for the National Association of Retired Federal Employees-Vienna.
- Jan. 13—Rich Miller, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, presented “Mental Health” for the Lincolnia Senior Center.
- Jan. 13—Frank Manheim, School of Public Policy, presented “Politics and Oil Don’t Mix: How Gridlock Is Hurting Both Industry and the Environment” for Westminster at Lake Ridge.
- Jan. 27—Fred Schack, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, presented “Exercise and Nutrition, and Its Effects on Disease and Aging” for the Annandale Women’s Club.