This Month in the Community…
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in October as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- Oct. 6—Rich Miller, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, presented “Back Care” for the Lincolnia Senior Center.
- Oct. 12—Daniele Struppa, College of Arts and Sciences, presented “Dating as a Metaphor for Fundraising” for the Civitan Club of Tysons.
- Oct. 20—Fred Schack, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, presented “Alternative Health Care” for the Falls Church Senior Center.
- Oct. 20—Cheryl Bartholomew, Women’s Studies, presented “How to Teach and Raise Emotionally Healthy Children in a Toxic Culture” for the Good Shepherd Mother’s Support Group.
- Oct. 25—Mark Goor, College of Education and Human Development, presented “Attention Deficit Disorder” for Herndon United Methodist Church Preschool.
- Oct. 28—Janette Muir, New Century College, presented “The Presidential Campaign” for Robinson Secondary School.
- Oct. 29—Rich Miller, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, presented “Stress Management” for the Culpepper Garden Senior Center.