This Month in the Community…
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in July as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- July 9—Peter Stearns, provost, presented “Are Americans Running Amuck? Perspectives on Self-Control in Current Society” for the Reston-Herndon Senior Center.
- July 19—Marilyn McKenzie, Provost’s Office, presented “Black Literature, History, and Culture” for the Langston-Brown Senior Center.
- July 27—Fred Schack, School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, presented “Aging, Nutrition, and Exercise” for the Lincolnia Senior Center.
- July 28—Camille Hazeur, Equity and Diversity Services, presented “Dealing with Diversity, Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, and Discrimination in the Workplace” for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- July 29—Rose Cherubin, Philosophy and Religious Studies, presented “Sex and Gender in Ancient Greece: Philosophy, Poetry, and Drama” for the Aerospace Corporation, Women’s Organization.