This Month in the Community…
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in May as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- May 3—Robert Rogowsky, School of Public Policy, presented “One World Marketplace” for the Lifetime Learning Institute.
- May 5—Susan Tomasovic, Communication, presented “Public Speaking” for the Diocese of Arlington Refugee Services, Office of Resettlement.
- May 6—James Pfiffner, School of Public Policy, presented “Presidential Transitions” for the Westminster at Lake Ridge Retirement Community.
- May 12—Rich Miller, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Back Care” for the Falls Church Senior Center.
- May 16—Rich Miller, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Defensive Driving” for the Jewish Community Center 55+ Singles.
- May 20—Martin Cohen, History and Art History, presented “American History and Film” for the Next Step at the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington.
- May 27—Francis Gary Powers Jr., alumnus, presented “U-2 Incident: 45 Years Later” for the Aerospace Corporation.