This Month in the Community…
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in February as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call 703-993-8846.
- Feb. 4–Don Boileau, Communication, presented “How Do You Listen to Sermons?” for the Lively Saints of Hope Lutheran Church.
- Feb. 6–Minder Chen, School of Management, presented “Web Services and E-Business” for Datatel Inc.
- Feb. 8–Elizabeth Price, Dance, presented “Dance as an Art Form” for the Jewish Community Center, 55+ Seniors.
- Feb. 11–Elizabeth Chong, College of Nursing and Health Science, presented “Therapeutic Touch: Complementary Therapy” for the Optimist Club of Alexandria.
- Feb. 11–Yehuda Lukacs, Center for Global Education, presented “Arab-Israeli Relations” for the Dunbarton Club.
- Feb. 13–Colleen Shogan, Public and International Affairs, presented “George Washington and the Importance of Laudable Character” for Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Feb. 18–Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Alternative Health Care” for Grace Presbyterian Church.
- Feb. 23–Sheryl Friedley, Communication, presented “Nonverbal Communication” for the Village Learning Center Public Charter School.
- Feb. 26–Marilyn Mobley McKenzie, English, presented “Black History Literature and Culture” for the City of Falls Church Senior Center.
- Feb. 27–Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Exercise, Nutrition, and Osteoporosis” for the City of Falls Church Senior Center.