Staff Senate Calls for Outstanding Supervisor Award Nominees
Posted: February 4, 2004 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The Staff Senate annually recognizes the supervisors of classified and nonstudent wage employees through the Outstanding Supervisor Award. A classified or nonstudent wage employee who reports directly to a supervisor must submit the supervisor’s name for consideration along with a letter of support. Other staff may also submit letters in support of the nomination. The award will be presented on March 5 at 3 p.m. in the Johnson Center’s Dewberry Hall during the Outstanding Achievement Awards ceremony. The recipient will receive a plaque, a gift bearing Mason’s signature or seal, and a $50 gift certificate from Barnes and Noble. The deadline for submitting nominations is Feb. 18.
Criteria for the award are:
- Creates a pleasant and productive work environment for employees.
- Listens to suggestions and ideas.
- Performs all duties required of a supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Recognizes and rewards superior performance, and is fair and flexible in dealing with employees.
- Encourages professional growth of employees.
- Acts as an advocate for classified and nonstudent wage employees.
- Provides a sense of vision for the department and makes classified and nonstudent wage employees feel actively involved in the goals of the department and/or university.
Nomination forms can be found on the Staff Senate’s web site. If you have any questions, call the Staff Senate’s office at 703-993-4141.