This Month in the Community…
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in January as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call (703) 993-8846.
- Jan. 13–Randy Lytton, History and Art History, presented “Fairfax: A Virtual Walking Tour of the City of Fairfax” for the National Association of Retired Federal Employees, Fairfax Chapter.
- Jan. 14–Anita Taylor, Communication, presented “Better Listeners are Better Communicators” for the Arlington County Public Schools’ ISAEP Program.
- Jan. 15–Mark Goor, Graduate School of Education, presented “Attention Deficit Disorder” for the Village Learning Center Public Charter School.
- Jan. 22–Don Boileau, Communication, presented “How Do You Listen to Sermons?” for Mothers of Preschoolers.
- Jan. 29–Nancy Wallace, University Career Services, presented “Managing Adult Career Transitions” for the School of Public Policy Alumni Chapter.
- Jan. 29–Cheryl Bartholomew, Women’s Studies, presented “How to Teach and Raise Emotionally Healthy Children in a Toxic Environment” for Kinhaven Preschool.