ELI Sponsors Course on Effective Use of English
Posted: September 2, 2003 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The English Language Institute will offer a 15-week English as a Second Language course from Sept. 2 to Dec. 11 at George Mason’s Arlington Campus. “English for Academic and Professional Success” will take place Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:20 to 9 p.m. The course will offer step-by-step strategies for real-life situations to help participants develop essential skills for today’s global environment.
- Improving command of grammar
- Improving listening and reading skills
- Writing effective business letters
- Giving professional presentations
- Engaging in negotiations and debates
Mason employees can enroll in the course, on a space available basis, for $422.50–a 50 percent discount. For more information, call (703) 993-3660 or visit ELI’s web site.