Outstanding Supervisor Award Nominations Due
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Nominations for the Outstanding Supervisor Award are due in the Staff Senate’s office by July 28. The Outstanding Supervisor Award is given to supervisors of classified and nonstudent wage employees who most closely meet the criteria stated below. A classified or nonstudent wage employee who reports directly to a supervisor must submit the supervisor’s name for consideration along with a letter of support. Other staff members may also submit letters in support of the nomination. The award will be presented on August 26 at 3:00 p.m. in the Johnson Center’s Dewberry Hall during the Outstanding Achievement Award ceremony. The recipient will receive a plaque, a gift bearing George Mason’s signature or seal, and a $50 gift certificate from Barnes and Noble. If you have questions, please call the Staff Senate’s office at (703) 993-4141.
Criteria for award are as follows:
- Creates a pleasant and productive work environment for employees
- Listens to suggestions and ideas
- Performs all duties required of a supervisor in a timely fashion
- Recognizes and rewards superior performance, and is fair and flexible in dealing with employees
- Encourages professional growth of employees
- Acts as an advocate for classified and nonstudent wage employees
- Provides a sense of vision for the department and makes classified and nonstudent wage employees feel actively involved in the goals of the department and/or university
Nomination forms can be found on the Staff Senate’s web site.