This Month in the Community…
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in June as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call (703) 993-8846.
- June 2–Rick Davis, College of Visual and Performing Arts, presented “Theater in the Metropolitan Area” for the Lifetime Learning Institute.
- June 9–Robert Rogowsky, School of Public Policy, presented “Getting to Happy: Six Practical Steps to a Happier and More Contented Life” for the Autumn Club of St. Anthony’s Catholic Church.
- June 11–Elizabeth Choi, College of Nursing and Health Science, presented “Contemporary Women’s Health Issues” for the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- June 12–Anita Taylor, Communication, presented “Better Listeners are Better Communicators” for Fairfax County Department of Finance.
- June 14–Debbie Taneyhill, Athletics, presented “Women in Sports” for the fourth annual Girl Power! conference.
- June 14–Cindy Lont, Communication, presented “Women in Media” for the fourth annual Girl Power! conference.
- June 15–Rich Rubenstein, Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, presented “Religious Conflicts and Their Resolution” for the Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross.
- June 26–Robert Rogowsky, School of Public Policy, presented “Keys to Success” for the BP America scholarships award ceremony.