This Month in the Community…
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in March as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call (703) 993-8693.
- March 3–Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Exercise, Nutrition, and Osteoporosis” for the Oak View Garden Club.
- March 6–Bob Ehrlich, Physics and Astronomy, presented “Nine Crazy Ideas in Science” for the Robinson Secondary School Science Honor Society.
- March 10–Star Muir, Learning Support Services, presented “Critically Assessing Public Information” for the Shepherd’s Center of Oakton-Vienna.
- March 19–Colin Owens, English, presented “Northern Ireland: Peace and Justice in our Time?” for the Thomas Jefferson High School World Cultures Club.
- March 20–Deborah Boehm-Davis, Psychology, presented “Careers in Psychology” for Holmes Middle School.
- March 25–Marilyn McKenzie, English, presented “Women’s Studies and Feminist Issues” for the Women of AT&T, Northern Virginia Chapter.
- March 25–Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Aging, Nutrition, and Exercise” for Never Grow Old.