This Month in the Community…
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in October as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call (703) 993-8693.
- Nov. 1–Martin Winkler, Modern and Classical Languages, presented “The Roman Republic” for the Jewish Community Center Friday Discussion Group.
- Nov. 4–Randy Lytton, History and Art History, presented “Historical Fairfax, Virginia” for the Oak View Garden Club.
- Nov. 8–Rich Miller, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Stress Management” for the Aurora Hills Senior Center.
- Nov. 12–Andrew Finn, Communication, presented “The Future of Wireless Communication” for the Digital System Resources, Inc.
- Nov. 12–Kamal Beyoghlow, Public and International Affairs, presented “Arab, Israeli, Palestinian Conflict” for the American Association of University Women.
- Nov. 12–Maurice Scherrens, senior vice president, and Reid Herlihy, vice president for Facilities, presented “The Future of George Mason University” for the Braddock District Council of Community Associations.
- Nov. 14–Don Boileau, Communication, presented “Classroom Communication” for The Appletree School.
- Nov. 15–Cindy Lont, Communication, presented “Portrayal of Women in the Media” for the Mantua Women’s Club.
- Nov. 19–Robert Rogowsky, School of Public Policy, presented “Keys to Success” for the Virginia Cooperative Extension.
- Nov. 19–Sandra Webb, Nonprofit Management Studies, presented “Nonprofit Communication Tools” for the United Communities Ministries.
- Nov. 21–Yehuda Lukacs, Center for Global Education, presented “Arab-Israeli Relations” for the Westminster at Lake Ridge Retirement Community.