Foundation Board Elects Officers, Trustees
Posted: June 13, 2002 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
During its June annual meeting, the George Mason University Foundation Board of Trustees reelected as chairman Lovey Hammel, president of Employment Enterprises, Inc. Paul Kyle, president of King Wholesale Inc., was reelected vice chairman. Elected secretary and treasurer, respectively, were trustees James Hazel, special advisor to Gov. Mark Warner, and Michael Anzilotti, president and CEO of First Virginia Bank.
Newly elected trustees, effective July 1, are:
- Ricky Brown, president, D.C. Metro Region and group president D.C.-Northern Virginia, BB&T;
- Carol Walcoff Dixon, president, Bellwether Research Inc.;
- W. James Green, senior vice president, TRW Inc.;
- Edwin Lynch Jr., owner and president, Gunston Land Company; and
- Juan Mencia, president and CEO, The Cube Corporation.
Re-elected to a second three-year term were:
- Otis Coston Jr., chairman of the board and president, Stonemark Corporation;
- J. Hamilton Lambert, president, J. Hamilton Lambert and Associates;
- Earl Stafford, chairman and CEO, UNITECH; and
- D. Jean Wu, president, Integrated Management Services Inc.
Hammel and Edward Bersoff, managing director of Quarterdeck Investment Partners, were re-elected to a third three-year term. Appointed to academic two-year terms were Sara Cobb, director of the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, and Michael Ferri, professor of finance, School of Management.