Convocation Ceremonies Begin Today
Posted: May 16, 2002 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Convocation ceremonies for individual colleges, schools, and institutes get underway today at 10 a.m. Free parking in the Parking Deck is available to all faculty and staff members today, tomorrow, and Saturday. Following are the dates, times, locations, and speakers for the convocations.
- New Century College (NCC)–Thursday, May 16, at 10 a.m. in the Concert Hall; James Barry, associate professor in NCC
- College of Arts and Sciences (undergraduate)–Thursday, May 16, at 1 p.m. in the Patriot Center; Stephen Colo, assistant director and chief financial officer for the U.S. Secret Service
- College of Arts and Sciences (master’s and doctoral)–Thursday, May 16, at 7 p.m. in the Concert Hall; Vernon Smith, professor of law and economics
- School of Information Technology and Engineering–Thursday, May 16, at 8 p.m. in the Patriot Center; Ernst Volgenau, president and CEO of SRA International Inc.
- University Scholars–Friday, May 17, at 10 a.m. in Harris Theater; Noreen McGuire, former director of the University Scholars program
- Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources (HFRR)–Friday, May 17, at noon in the Johnson Center Dewberry Hall; Brett Wright, HFRR chair
- College of Nursing and Health Science (CNHS)–Friday, May 17, at noon in the Patriot Center; Rita Carty, CNHS dean
- College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA)–Friday, May 17, at 3 p.m. in the Concert Hall; William Reeder, CVPA dean
- School of Management–Friday, May 17, at 4 p.m. in the Patriot Center; Helen Manich, president and founder of Manich Strategic Inc.
- School of Computational Sciences (SCS)–Saturday, May 18, at noon in the Johnson Center, Room C; Brett Berlin, vice chairman of the board and chief technology officer of the International Internet Telephone Organization
- Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution (ICAR)–Saturday, May 18, at 1 p.m. in the Johnson Center Cinema; Susan Allen Nan, vice president of the Board of the Alliance for Conflict Transformation
- Graduate School of Education–Saturday, May 18, at 1:30 p.m. in the Patriot Center; Edward L. Kelly, superintendent of Prince William County Public Schools
- School of Public Policy–Saturday, May 18, at 2 p.m. in the Johnson Center Dewberry Hall; Rep. Thomas M. Davis III (R-Va)
- School of Law–Saturday, May 18, at 2 p.m. in the Concert Hall; U.S. Sen. George Allen