SPAM Changes Name, Expands Mission
Posted: May 13, 2002 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The Special Projects and Analysis for Management (SPAM) group has taken on an expanded mission and a new name. Under its new name, the University Process Improvement Council (UPIC), the group plans on providing value added services to the entire spectrum of an already effective and efficiently managed university. UPIC’s mission is to improve, where possible, university processes in order to become an institution that is recognized for best business practices.
UPIC will continue to be a facilitator of improved processes due to its cross-functional leadership, different perspectives and talents of its membership, its teamwork and shared vision, its ability to affect change, and its focus on being results driven.
UPIC’s membership has been expanded to include representation from the Prince William and Arlington Campuses. Council members are:
- chair Kenneth Hubble, director of Internal Audit and Management Services
- Beth Brock, assistant vice president and comptroller; Carol McGinnis is temporarily assigned
- Glenn Cyphers, director of Physical Plant
- Donna Kidd, assistant vice president, Budget and Institutional Research and Reporting
- Ann McGuigan, director of Sponsored Programs
- Girard Mulherin, dean of Students, University Life
- Jennifer Murphy, director of Technology Transfer, Provost’s Office
- Dave Rossell, assistant provost, Personnel and Budget
- John Spaldo, director and chief operations manager, University Services
- Diane Turner, operation analyst, Fiscal Services
- Linda Westphal, assistant vice president, Human Resources
- Karen Pirhalla, coordinator of campus operations, Prince William
- Upen Malani, director of campus Operations, Arlington
For more information on the council and its activities, visit the UPIC web site or call Hubble at x33091.