Governor’s Awards Nominations Due April 19
Posted: April 12, 2002 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
In conjunction with Virginia Public Service Week, May 6-12, a statewide program will recognize employees through the Governor’s Awards. Each agency, including George Mason, will nominate employees to receive monetary recognition and to be honored at a ceremony hosted by Gov. Mark Warner during the week.
Nominations of employees are for the following categories:
- The Governor’s Award for Agency “Star”
- The Governor’s Award for Career Achievement
- The Governor’s Award for Community Service and Volunteerism
- The Governor’s Award for Customer Service
- The Governor’s Award for Innovation
- The Governor’s Award for Long Term Quality Service
- The Governor’s Award for Workplace Safety
One nomination for each category will be selected and entered for consideration by the Virginia Public Service Reward and Recognition Steering Committee. Details about each category are available on the Human Resources web site. Nominations consisting of a short narrative should be e-mailed to Martha Reiner by April 19. For more information, call x32739.