This Month in the Community…
Posted: November 30, 2001 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are members of the George Mason community who made presentations to community groups in November as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x38846.
- Nov. 2–Rich Miller, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Stress Management” for the Lung Transplant Recipient Support Group at Inova Fairfax Hospital.
- Nov. 11–Peter Stearns, provost, presented “Are Americans Running Amuck?” for the Northern Virginia Jewish Community Center’s 55+ Singles Group.
- Nov. 11–Ibrahim Sharqieh, Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution Ph.D. student, presented “Undertaking Muslim Views Toward Western Culture and Foreign Policy” for the Leesburg United Methodist Church and surrounding community.
- Nov. 16–Roger Lathbury, English, presented “W.H. Auden” for the Virginian Retirement Community.
- Nov. 21–James Riggle, School of Public Policy, presented “The Future of High Technology in Northern Virginia and the National Capital Region” for the National Association of Retired Federal Employees.
- Nov. 26–Jay Jayamohan, alumnus, presented “Hot Technology Skills” for the Forty Plus of Greater Washington.
- Nov. 29–Gretchen Hendricks, School of Management, presented “Career Development, Transitions, and Networking” for the Fairfax Jaycees.
- Nov. 30–Yehuda Lukacs, Center for Global Education, presented “Arab-Israeli Relations” for the Dulles Airport Rotary Club.