George Mason Community Roundup
Posted: September 18, 2001 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The following is a roundup of information items regarding last week’s tragedy:
- University Life is hosting a drop-in dialogue session again today from 3 to 6 p.m. outside the Student Government offices in the Johnson Center.
- The memorial service originally scheduled for today at 10:30 a.m. will not take place.
- George Mason’s coed service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, is selling red, white, and blue ribbons today and tomorrow at a Johnson Center kiosk. All proceeds will go toward relief efforts.
- The George Mason Police Department encourages anybody who receives a threatening phone call to dial *57 during the call. This will make it easier for the police to track the call.
- Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore has established a terrorism victim helpline. Citizens may call the toll-free number at (866) 827-3543 to request information, or assistance and counseling, and to offer assistance (monetary, goods, or services).
- The Safety Office has distributed University Safety Manuals to approximately 200 managers on all three campuses. The manuals include copies of the Comprehensive Safety Plan, the Risk Management Plan, Fire Safety Plan, Emergency Action Guide, and a General Office Safety Guide. More information is available on the Safety Office website.