This Month in the Community…
Posted: April 30, 2001 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are faculty and staff members who made presentations to community groups in April as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x38846.
- April 5– Karen Oates, New Century College, presented “Contemporary Women’s Health Issues” for the Clifton Community Women’s Club.
- April 5– Tom Reynolds, Institute of the Arts, presented “The Center for the Arts” for the Aurora Hills Women’s Club.
- April 11– Gerry Hanweck, School of Management, presented “Trading on the Internet” for the Chinn Park Regional Library.
- April 17– Jim Bennett, Economics, presented “Technology and the Changing Nature of Work” for the Burke Rotary Club.
- April 24– Marilyn Mobley McKenzie, English, presented “Cultural Diversity” for the School Age Child Care program of the Department of Family Services in Falls Church.
- April 25– David Rine, Computer Science, presented “Object-oriented Software Development” for Litton TASC.
- April 27– Toni Travis, Public and International Affairs, presented “Conflict and Multi-Culturalism” for Thomas Jefferson High School.