This Month in the Community…
Posted: March 30, 2001 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are faculty and staff members who made presentations to community groups in February as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x38846.
- March 9– Daniele Struppa, College of Arts and Sciences, presented “The Birth of Modern Geometry in the Painters of the Italian Renaissance” for the GW Community School for Divergent Learners.
- March 13– Coilin Owens, English, presented “Old and New Ireland” for the Loudoun County Senior Center.
- March 13– Andrew Sage, Systems Engineering and Operations Research, presented “Systems Integration” for Litton TASC.
- March 14– Don Boileau, Communication, presented “How to Listen to a Sermon” for the Manchester Lakes Retirement Community.
- March 15– Martin Cohen, History and Art History, presented “American History through Film” for the Virginia Retirement Community.
- March 18– Rich Miller, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Stress Management” for the Association of Virginia Electrologists.
- March 21– Bob Ruhling, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Wellness for Women” for the Sleepy Hollow United Methodist Women’s Group.
- March 21– Rich Miller, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Spiritual and Mental Wellness” for the Grace Presbyterian Church Older Adults Group.
- March 22– Mary Ann Dzama, Graduate School of Education, presented “Test-Taking Skills” for the Parent Education Network at Franklin Middle School.
- March 27– Susanne Denham, Psychology, presented “Children’s Social and Emotional Development” for the Mom’s Club of Fairfax.