Last Month in the Community…
Posted: February 1, 2001 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are faculty and staff members who made presentations to community groups in January as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x38846.
- Jan. 3– Molly Hastedt, Information Services, and Raymond Harris, Intercollegiate Athletics, gave a joint presentation to the Rotary Club of Manassas on programs and services offered by the Prince William Campus.
- Jan. 11– Steve Ruth, School of Public Policy, presented “Teaming in Cyberspace” to Litton TASC in Chantilly.
- Jan. 14– Rick Davis, Institute of the Arts, presented “Ibsen and the Birth of Modern Drama” to the Northern Virginia Jewish Community Center.
- Jan. 17– Pat Carretta, University Life, facilitated a workshop titled “Networking and Leadership” for the Herndon Dulles Business and Professional Women’s Group.
- Jan. 24– Randy Gabel, Mathematics, presented “The Discovery Process in Mathematics” to the GW Community School.
- Jan. 24– Sheryl Friedley, Communication, facilitated a workshop titled “Effective Communications” for the Herndon Dulles Business and Professional Women’s Group.