Parking Services Lists Highlights for 1999–2000 Year
Posted: November 20, 2000 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Adding approximately 400 new spaces through restriping lots, adding both short- and long-term meters across the Fairfax Campus, and establishing an online ordering process for decal purchases are among the highlights for the 1999-2000 operating year recently released by Parking Services. Other accomplishments on the list include the following:
- Spent $100,000 on lot repairs and improvements;
- Added additional handicap spaces for greater campus accessibility in the SUB I circle and behind Fenwick Library;
- Added resident reserved spaces in Presidents Park;
- Established a new and improved web site that lists policies and parking lot options; and
- Implemented “pay in advance” Parking Deck charges for evening use starting at 6 p.m., allowing easier access for drivers.
For a complete list of the highlights, contact Parking Services at x32710.