This Month in the Community…
Posted: September 29, 2000 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are faculty and staff members who made presentations to community groups in September as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x38846.
- Sept. 10–Aliza Kolker, Sociology and Anthropology, presented “Rebirth of Jewish Life in Eastern Europe: Hope and Despair” to the Jewish Community Center’s 55+ singles group.
- Sept. 11–Janette Muir, New Century College, presented “Persuasion and Political Advertising” to the Shepherd’s Center of Oakton-Vienna.
- Sept. 12–Lou Buffardi, Psychology, presented “Impact of Dependent Care on Work Attitudes” to the Women of AT&T.
- Sept. 13–Gerald Hanweck, School of Management, presented “The Stock Market” to the Fairfax Financiers.
- Sept. 14–Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Exercise for Seniors” to the St. Leo’s senior group.
- Sept. 15–Roger Lathbury, English, presented “Book Design” to the Manchester Lakes retirement community.
- Sept. 27–Jim Pfiffner, Public and International Affairs, presented “Presidential Transitions” to the Arlington Kiwanis Club.