Missing Something? Lost and Found Information and Procedures

Posted: August 4, 2011 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: August 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm

By Lea Lubag
Everybody loses something at one time or another. If you’re at Mason, items lost or found in the common areas of the following buildings can be turned in and inquired about at their information desks:

Fairfax Campus

  • Johnson Center, 703-993-9000
  • Student Union Building I, 703-993-2855
  • Student Union Building II (The Hub), 703-993-2859

Arlington Campus

  • Founders Hall, 703-993-8999

Prince William Campus

  • Bull Run Hall, 703-993-9440
  • Occoquan Building, 703-993-8350

Please note that clothing, containers, food items, loose papers and plastic or reusable water bottles are no longer being accepted at the information desks of these locations.

For items lost or found in other buildings on campus, check with the office or building manager.

Items left unclaimed at any of these areas will be turned over to University Police. To contact police, use the non-emergency numbers listed below.

  • Fairfax Campus Police, 703-993-2810
  • Arlington Campus Police, 703-993-8070
  • Prince William Campus Police, 703-993-8370

Lost Basketball Tickets?

Replacement tickets will be issued to season ticket holders upon receipt of a written request by that ticket holder. Replacement tickets must be picked up by the season ticket holder on the day of the game with a photo ID at Will Call located by the Patriot Center’s west entrance. Items left at an event at the Patriot Center may be inquired about at 703-993-3002.

Lost Library Book?

Check with the Circulation Department to see if you can be permitted to offer a new copy of the book as replacement. The fine for a lost book is $67, plus an additional $30 processing fee.

Lost Mason ID?

Contact the Mason ID office immediately at 703-993-1004. If after hours, leave a voicemail requesting deactivation of the card, clearly stating your name, G number and contact information. Then be sure to log onto the mason card office online to freeze your online account. Contact your office or building manager if the card is also used for building access. Lost cards can be replaced for $10.

Lost Parking Permit?

Submit a written acknowledgement of the lost permit to Parking Services. Replacement permits will only be issued to the original purchaser, and a fee may be charged. More information can be found on the Parking Services website.


Write to gazette at gazette@gmu.edu