Teaching Excellence Award Winners Announced
Posted: April 6, 2011 at 1:04 am, Last Updated: April 5, 2011 at 8:24 pm
A ceremony celebrating the 2011 Teaching Excellence Award winners will be held on Monday, April 11, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the Center for the Arts Concert Hall lobby.
Provost Peter Stearns and the Center for Teaching Excellence have announced the following award winners for 2011.
- Kathleen Gaffney, professor, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services
- Mary Kayler, associate professor, College of Education and Human Development
- Sufumi So, assistant professor, Modern and Classical Languages, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- James Willis, assistant professor, Criminology, Law and Society, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Terry Zawacki, associate professor, English, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Padmanabhan Seshaiyer, associate professor, Mathematical Sciences, College of Science, for General Education
- Kevin Curtin, associate professor, Geography and Geoinformation Science, College of Science, for Teaching with Technology
- Marion Deshmukh, Robert T. Hawkes Professor of History, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, 2011 David J. King Award
The provost and the Center for Teaching Excellence thank all of the finalists for their continued dedication to enhancing student learning and acknowledge the members of the Selection Committees for all of their hard work in making these awards possible.
Write to gazette at email@example.com