Get to Know Mason’s Students as Scholars QEP
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 1:03 am, Last Updated: March 23, 2011 at 8:47 pm
This information was provided by the QEP Planning Committee
The Mason community has been working for the past three years to develop a plan to foster student scholarship, creative activities and research as an element of the university’s 2011 reaffirmation of accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The result is the Students as Scholars Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), which outlines an initiative to:
1) Enhance the awareness and visibility of scholarship at Mason;
2) Increase opportunities for scholarly inquiry; and
3) Develop the infrastructure to support student scholarship.
The QEP Planning Committee invites faculty, students and staff to get to know the Students as Scholars QEP by:
- Reviewing the Faculty Guide to the Students as Scholars QEP or the full Students as Scholars QEP.
- Personalizing your myMason home tab with the Students as Scholars QEP module to receive the latest updates and news.
- Bookmarking and subscribing to the Students as Scholars blog for ongoing news and opportunities about undergraduate scholarship, creative activities and research at Mason.
- Picking up stickers and other items from the table on the first floor of Southside or at the libraries on Monday, March 28, or Tuesday, March 29, between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Wear your sticker prominently on those days, and you may be surprised with a token of appreciation!
- Visiting the information table at the Academic Advising Expo on Tuesday, March 29, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. in Dewberry Hall.
- Watching the new Students as Scholars QEP video featuring Mason faculty and students.
Once approved by SACS, implementation of the Students as Scholars QEP will begin in fall 2011.
Write to gazette at firstname.lastname@example.org