Faculty, Staff Can Represent George Mason at Chamber Events
Posted: July 18, 2000 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
George Mason’s membership in area chambers of commerce gives faculty and staff members the opportunity to attend chamber events at the member rate. Faculty and staff members are encouraged to represent the university at events of the following chambers of commerce.
- Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Central Fairfax Chamber of Commerce
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce
- Fauquier County Chamber of Commerce
- Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce
- Prince William County-Greater Manassas Chamber of Commerce
- Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
Attendees have the opportunity to get out and meet business leaders throughout the area and to promote their departments and the university at networking mixers, seminars and workshops on business-related topics, breakfasts, luncheons, golf tournaments, and annual dinner galas.
The university pays the chamber memberships; however, the charges for individual events are not covered. For more information about opportunities for involvement in local chambers of commerce, contact Traci Claar, Community Relations, at x38446 or firstname.lastname@example.org.