2010 Toys for Tots, Food Drive Campaign
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 1:02 am, Last Updated: November 19, 2010 at 3:45 pm
In the spirit of the holiday season, the Staff Senate is once again teaming up with Parking Services and Mason’s Office of Military Services to sponsor the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program in conjunction with a food drive on the Fairfax, Arlington and Prince William Campuses.
The food drive beneficiaries are
Fairfax: New Hope Housing Inc.
Arlington: Arlington Food Assistance Center
Prince William: SERVE Inc.
Parking Services is graciously offering faculty, staff and students the opportunity to pay off part of an owed parking ticket by donating a new, unwrapped toy and/or nonperishable food to the Parking Services office at Fairfax, Prince William or Arlington. Here’s how it works.
The donation locations are as follows (note that Parking Services credit is only available at the Parking Services Office locations on each campus):
- Johnson Center: Office of Military Services, Admissions Office, Room 213
(Cash donations also accepted in lieu of toys), ongoing through Dec. 16.
- Johnson Center Kiosks:
Nov. 23, 10:30 a.m. to noon, Kiosk B
Nov. 23, noon to 2 p.m., Kiosk G
Dec. 7, noon to 2 p.m., Kiosk G
Toy and food drop-off
- Parking Services Office (next to Sandy Creek shuttle stop), ongoing until noon, Dec. 16.
- Toy and Food donations may also be brought in the day of the Fairfax Campus holiday party, Dec. 16, to the Johnson Center Cinema from 2:30 to 5 p.m.
Toy drop-off, ongoing through Dec. 14:
- Original Building, Arlington University Life Office, Room 333B
- Original Building, Parking Services Office, Room 108
Food drop-off, ongoing through Dec. 14:
- Hazel Hall, front and rear atrium
- Original Building, 2nd floor lobby, Parking Services Office, Room 108
- Truland Building, Garage vestibule and sixth floor Burton Library
Toy and food drop-off:
- Original Building, Parking Services Office, Room 108, ongoing until noon, Dec. 14
- Toy and food donations may also be brought in the day of the Arlington Campus holiday party, Dec. 14, Original Building, Room 329, from 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Toy and food drop-off, ongoing until noon, Dec. 15:
- Occoquan Building, Parking Services Office
The Staff Senate thanks you for your support and goodwill. For additional information, contact Whitney Sublett, staff senator, at email@example.com.
Write to gazette at firstname.lastname@example.org