Upcoming International Association of Administrative Professionals Events
Posted: November 8, 2010 at 1:01 am, Last Updated: November 5, 2010 at 3:06 pm
By Aisha Jamil
The Mason Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is hosting a series of events to help staff members learn about Mason and network with other members.
The IAAP is an international, nonprofit professional association for office professionals. The association’s mission is to enhance the success of career-minded administrative professionals by providing opportunities for growth through education, community building and leadership development.
The IAAP Mason Chapter began in 2009 with the help of Lori Ann Roth, director of human resources training and development.
The Mason Chapter holds meetings on the first Wednesday of each month, has after-hours networking socials the third Thursday of each month and offers other educational and social gatherings throughout the year.
Chapter officers are:
Kim Hilton, office manager in Student Centers, president
Kerri Cardoza, administrative assistant in University Relations, vice president
Judy Morton, office manager in University Relations, secretary
Sandy Beckett, office manager in Facilities Planning, treasurer
The remaining events for the year are as follows:
- Wednesday, Nov. 10, 4 p.m.: Biomedical Research Laboratory Tour with a networking dinner to follow
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Old Town Alexandria Chapter’s Fall Education Program
- Thursday, Nov. 18, 5 to 7 p.m.: After-Hours Networking at the Mason Inn
- Wednesday, Dec. 1, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Mason Chapter Meeting, SUB II, Room 4
- Thursday, Dec 2, 5 to 7 p.m.: Holiday Networking Celebration
For more information on these events, contact Kerri Cardoza at 703-993-8860 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Write to gazette at firstname.lastname@example.org