Posted: September 21, 2010 at 1:02 am, Last Updated: September 20, 2010 at 4:28 pm
Following are some activities taking place at the university this week.
Transportation Challenge Kicks Off Sept. 22
Between Sept. 22 and Oct. 22, Mason will be competing against the University of Maryland in the 2010 Commuter Challenge to see which school can most reduce its single-occupancy vehicle trips.
You can start by signing up as a new Zimride user now. Go to the Zimride Facebook page for more information.
To kick off the challenge, several events are planned at the Pilot House on the Fairfax Campus on Wednesday, Sept. 22. Find out more about the campus transportation and traffic master plan, as well as transportation research done by Mason faculty.
- From 9 to10 a.m., the Offices of Parking and Transportation, and Human Resources and Payroll will be outside the Pilot House with information about transportation and wellness programs.
- From 10 a.m. to noon, Mason public policy professor Edmund Zolni, psychology professor Patrick McKnight and their graduate students will present their transportation-related research.
- Lenna Storm, Mason’s sustainability manager, will talk about the university’s sustainability programs and Climate Action Plan.
- At 1:30 p.m., take a look at the future of parking and transportation at Mason during a Campus Traffic and Transportation Master Plan presentation.
- Raffle prizes and refreshments will be available throughout the event.
Contact the Transportation Office with any questions.
Office Supply Showcase on Sept. 22
On Wednesday, Sept. 22, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Supply Room Companies will host a free showcase in the Johnson Center Dewberry Hall (south) on the Fairfax Campus.
Office products in the showcase include those from Avery, Fellowes, Cardinal, C-Line, 3M, Pentel, HSM, At-A-Glance, BSN, Sparco, Integra, Genuine Joe, Compucessory, NatureSaver, Smead, Zebra, Acco, Caremail-Shurtech, IBM Toner Cartridges, Tops, Bic and Energizer.
Patriot’s Day on Sept. 24
Patriot’s Day is part of Patriot’s Weekend and will be held on Friday, Sept. 24, on the SUB 1 Quad. Food, music, rides, games and prizes will be available from 5 to 10 p.m. Sponsored by the Office of Student Involvement and Program Board.
Lunch and Nationals Baseball on Sept. 25
Tickets to the Saturday, Sept. 25, Washington Nationals game vs. the Atlanta Braves are available through the Office of Student Involvement. This event is open to all students, faculty and staff.
The game begins at 1:05 p.m. To sweeten the deal, your ticket gets you entry to a lunch buffet prior to the game. Lunch will be served on the VIP Parking Deck at the Nationals Field at 11:30 a.m.
Tickets are $15 each and are available in the Office of Student Involvement located in SUB I, Room 101. For questions, call 703-993-2909 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write to gazette at email@example.com