This Month in the Community…
Posted: April 28, 2000 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are faculty and staff members who made presentations to community groups in April as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x38846.
- April 1–Susan Tomasovic, Communication, presented “Boosting Teaching Effectiveness through Performance” to high school teachers involved with George Mason’s Early Identification Program.
- April 3–Cindy Lont, Communication, presented “Portrayal of Women in the Media” to George Washington University’s Society of Women Engineers.
- April 4–Rich Miller, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Mental Health” to the Fairfax County Therapeutic Recreation Program.
- April 11–Susan Tomasovic, Communication, presented “Polish Your Public Speaking” to George Mason’s English Language Institute.
- April 15–Marie Kodadek, Nursing and Health Science, presented “Infant Stimulation/Adaptations for the Blind” to Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind.
- April 21–Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Exercise and Osteoporosis” to Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living.
- April 27–Coilin Owens, English, presented “The Future of Northern Ireland” to the Winterhill Senior Center.