Theater of the First Amendment Presents 10th Annual First Light Discovery Program
May 28, 2010Print-Friendly Version
Mason’s professional resident theater, Theater of the First Amendment, will present staged readings of new work in Mason’s TheaterSpace, June 12-13.
This free program is sponsored by President and Mrs. Alan Merten.
Saturday, June 12
- “The Electric Baby Play” by Stefanie Zadravec, 3 p.m.
- “STAY” conceived by Heather McDonald and Susan Shields with SLAM multimedia by Greg Crane. A kaleidoscopic fusion of theater, dance and mixed media, 6 p.m.
Sunday, June 13
The Generations Playwriting Project
Four brief plays written by the members of Osher Lifelong Learning Institute and students from A Class Act – Acting For Young People, 1 p.m.
- “The Case of the Vase with the Face” by Emma Kibblewhite and Stephanie Johnson
- “The Teak Birdhouse” by Manny Pablo
- “Ms. Understood” by Maddie Henris
- “Technologically Challenged” by Phyllis Furdell
TFA’s Student Playwriting and Mentorship Program
- “A Godless Man” by John Xander Yi, 3 p.m.
- “Ice Man” by Liz Long, 5 p.m.
All First Light events are free, but reservations are recommended. E-mail TFA@gmu.edu or call 703-993-2195 and specify which events you will attend.