This Month in the Community…
Posted: February 29, 2000 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Following are faculty and staff members who made presentations to community groups in February as part of the University Speakers Bureau. For more information on participating in the Speakers Bureau, call x28846.
- Feb. 3–Michael Haney, Electrical and Computer Engineering, presented “Lasers for the Layman” to the Learning in Retirement Institute.
- Feb. 7–Marion Deshmukh, History and Art History, presented “Holocaust: Discussions of the History and Various Controversies” to the Loudoun County Senior Center.
- Feb. 15–Karla Hoffman, Systems Engineering and Operations Research, presented “Application of Math Modeling in the Airline Industry” to the Oakton High School National Math Honor Society.
- Feb. 18–Elizabeth Price, Dance, presented “Dance as a Healing Art” to the Women’s Club of Mantua.
- Feb. 20–Michael Krauss, School of Law, presented “Legal Ethics” to the Northern Virginia Ethical Society.
- Feb. 28–Rich Miller, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resources, presented “Spiritual and Mental Wellness” to Tall Oaks at Reston Assisted Living Facility.
- Feb. 29–Fred Schack, Health, Fitness, and Recreation Resouces, presented “Aging and Exercise” to the Burke Rotary Club.